Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I've come to the conclusion my characters hate me

Mood: Frustrated. I don't who in my brain is in charge of that but if they don't get back to work right now, so help me god I will get Block on their butts!

So I've heard some other writers, mainly on the AW forums, mention how their characters actually *talk* to them and help them write the story. In a theoretical sense, not like we're seeing people. It's one of those things authors do, we simply listen as the main character tells us the story, and we write it down with the character breathing over our shoulder the entire time. Wouldn't want them to misrepresented or anything.

But my characters don't seem to like me, as not one of them is coming over and saying "Oh hey, remember that part I told you about? Well it actually was more like this...". No. Nothing. No wonder I'm having so much trouble. My characters hate me!

Of course Eric has dropped in a couple times to say hello. And critique my writing ability. Did I mention he was evil? Well he is.

But I would much rather have Lari help me out.

Oh no. Did you hear that door open? Oh no. I think Eric's come for a visit. He wasn't scheduled until tomorrow!

*Shuffles papers around*

I have to go. If he sees this post I"m in troub-!

Hello everyone. Eric here. Well isn't this just a lovely post here. If you excuse me, I have to talk to Jessie for a second. Please accept my apologies. 
What, this bag? What's in it? Oh...nothing...

-Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment